Wednesday 13 August 2014

Preview: LEGO Creator Santa's Workshop (10245)


There has been 'leaked' photos floating around on the internet since May this year, but just last week LEGO officially revealed the newest addition to the LEGO Creator Winter Village theme at Bricks by the Bay 2014 - Santa's Workshop (10245). It's got me excited.

I'm a huge fan of the LEGO Creator series. The 'expert' rating often isn't justified (they're not that tricky to build), but the sets are super cool, great fun, and look absolutely brilliant on display. There's a high probability that I'll be one of many LEGO VIP members placing their pre-order on September 17, with the set on sale to the general public on October 1.

Currently I don't own any of the Winter Village series, but once I've got this set, I may just be persuaded to buy more and start my own winter wonderland. There is so much to like about this set. Minifigure collectors will be pleased to see a Mrs. Claus to keep their Santa company, while there is also four elves with pointy ears and hats (each one has its own unique outfit which is a nice touch).


For $149.99 in Australia, we'll get 883 pieces that together makes Santa's workshop, which is connected to his lovely little lounge room by the looks of things. The set also includes a Christmas tree, a beautiful red and gold detailed sleigh, what looks like a toy making/wrapping machine, and a stack of other cool accessories. Did I mention the four reindeers and baby reindeer? Well they're there too. Interestingly I read somewhere that the red-nosed Rudolph is a trademarked character so while the instructions can't picture him with a round red transparent plate for his nose, the designer has cleverly included a spare for when the occasion calls.


I'm not sure if it exists already and I've just never seen it before, but the set also allows family dual-building experience, which is basically separate brick sets with instructions for the adults and instructions for the children. Do they have dual-building experiences for girlfriends too. I'm sure mine will want in on this set!

Senior LEGO Designer, Marcos Bessa introduces the new set on the LEGO YouTube channel
Photos are not my own and were originally posted by The Brick Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment